Thursday, July 22, 2010

Remembering Geeta Dutt - 38th Death Anniversary, part 1

Welcome to my blog about my favourite vintage Bollywood stuff.
I shall start with a tribute to Madam Geeta Dutt, one of my favourite singers, whose thirty-eighth death anniversary was on 20th July. She had a rare and easily distinguishable voice, which was superb. Here are a list of my 15 favourite Geeta Dutt songs. It was very difficult to enlist it, as all the songs sung by her are very, very melodious. I feel kind of close to her because we both share the same date of birth - 23rd November!

Here is website which is a must for all Geeta Dutt fans : www.geetadutt.com

1. Kuch Mere Dil Mein Fiffi (C.I.D. - 1956)


This is  a song which I definitely have to include, one of my all time favourites, with Geeta Dutt's fun and vivacious voice. Picturised on a young and beautiful Waheeda Rehman, here she made her debut in Hindi films with CID. I have seen the video is unfortunately not available on Youtube, as I believe it was later deleted due to censorship reasons, according to www.geetadutt.com(A superb official tribute website, a must watch site). I recently, again enjoyed all the golden melodies of the film and realised how only the background music of the song appears when Dev Anand Ji climbs up the stairs in a scene, really unfortunate.....

To be continued.....

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails